April 26, Great Harbor Cay, Berry Islands, Bahamas


Advertisement
Published: April 26th 2011
Edit Blog Post

April 26, 2011
Hello again, we are sitting in Great Harbor Cay in the northern part of the Berry Islands. We had a great crossing of the Gulf Stream to North Bimini Island and cleared customs there. We spent several days there and then left to cross the Great Bahama Bank to Chub Key at the south end of the Berry islands.


We went up to Bonds key and spent several days in the bight behind the Cay all buy ourselves. Got 7 Conch and fried them for dinner one night. They were great and we could have gotten all the conch we wanted. (No lobster yet)After several days we sailed to Great Harbor Cay to wait out some higher winds and waves before crossing to the Abacos.


We caught a lot of fish trolling off the islands, Barracuda, Yellow Jack and Yellowtail snapper. The Yellowtail snapper was great eating.

We hope to leave in the morning and cross to the Abacos on Thursday.

Keep in Touch and thanks for reading our Blog

Ron & Carol

S/V Midnight Escape



Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



27th April 2011

AWESOME!!!
wow and wow... can i please come join you sun tanned people? i am so glad that you guys are living the dream. miss you lots but know that all is well. send me a post card will you? love from Howie, Elliot and Krim
27th April 2011

Bahamas
I am very happy to see that you reached the Bahamas safely. Sounds like you are having a wonderful time. Just one question. Why did you need a quarantine flag?

Tot: 0.136s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 51; dbt: 0.048s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb