Sept 26 in Aruba


Advertisement
Aruba's flag
Central America Caribbean » Aruba
September 26th 2019
Published: September 26th 2019
Edit Blog Post

Dear ones,

the days are flying by even faster than they do at home. Why is that?

I'm sitting out on the sunny lanai (yes, hot at 6 pm in almost direct sun), with the loop from the Peruvian restaurant across the street paying Titanic on pan pipes.

We did our early morning snorkel at Boca C, with very flat sea, but unfortunately the biting things are still there, so we moved closer in after just 4 turtles. No bitings in shallower water.

I got some closeups of sargeant majors who seem to be saying "did you bring any food for us? and the French Angel fish came over too. Note the 3 cowfish photos - the same fish, 2 different colors!! The photo of Mr. Bluehead is for Megan.

2 hours of lovely relaxed snorkeling before moving on to Malmok, just down the beach toward the high rises. Always wondered what that was like - not much different, in fact, many fewer corals so fewer fish. Frankly we were looking for a "frogfish" someone said lives down that way. We were in for about another hour. David rescued a dropped snorkel/goggle for a lady - no problem in about 8' of water. Saw 3 porcupine fish, a lobster and one hiding octopus. He was wearing a shell on his head - can you see tht in the photo?

There were small minnows all over the place in the coves, so we weren't surprised to see a local casting a net (see video) - what was funny was all the pelicans and seagulls watching him. And then when he and his asst wandered away (silly), the birds helped themselves into his bucket!

We then had to have Dutch pancakes again (got full ones but brought half home for breakfast tomorrow) and found the Smit & dorlas coffee store, did some grocery shopping, did laundry and took much needed naps. Brown ladies for happy hour. A quiet evening in - and tomorrow we pick up our new friend Jess at her place, to snorkel at Mangel Halto, and then have lunch with Linda Schwengle in San Nicholas. Need the rest!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



Tot: 0.053s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0332s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb