Yo soy Sheryl de Inglaterra


Advertisement
Published: May 20th 2011
Edit Blog Post

We arrived back in Cusco from the Inca trail saturday night exhausted and ready for bed. Jane's birthday was the same day Lucille & I start Spanish lessons & volunteering so we made Sunday the bigger birthday celebration. We met friends from the Inca trail at The Real McCoy's an English pub that served Sunday roasts, crumble and custard. It may not have compared to our mother's versions but it was very good! In the evening we met up with Aussy Mark and went for drinks and enjoyed some dancing at a local discotheque.   

The Spanish classes were great, as Lucile had already participated in a week's school we had individual tutors after the first day. They were really good and we learnt a lot. One day my lesson went to a local food Market where I saw hearts, brains, furry mouths and more for sale. I hope to continue a few spanish lessons as we continue to travel in south & central America.

In the afternoons we volunteered at an orphanage for children with mental & physical disabilities. Within 5 minutes of the first day we were thrown into the deep end. We were carrying, cleaning them, changing nappies. It was a great experience that put us to our paces. I had a particular soft spot for one of the older girls who loved to dance and get hugs.

On our last day at school it was one of friend's birthday so we went out for dinner and tried a discotheque recommended by one of the Spanish teachers. It was great fun as we experienced a local nightclub with Peruvian music.

Due to protests barricading the roads out of Cusco we ended up staying 2 nights longer than expected. We enjoyed exploring the city, trying Market foods and spending more time with Jane. Lucille and I also spent one morning at the chocolate factory attending a chocolate making workshop. It was interesting to hear how it is made from the bean to the bar and was pleased to take away our own chocolate.

After trying a popular cafe for lunch with a friend from school and played some cards, we jumped on a night bus to Nazca where we hope to see the famous Nazca lines.

Sent from my iPod

Advertisement



Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 8; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0501s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb