Sri Lanka


Advertisement
Asia
March 12th 2016
Published: March 12th 2016
Edit Blog Post

After four sea days made it to Colombo, Sri Lanka. It reminds me a lot of India. The sights, smells, and clothing are very similar. There are lots of tutus and buses with people mass moving everywhere. Took a taxi from the port to the market. Ended up near the train station, with no idea or map of where we were. People knew there was a cruise ship in town. Wandered into a tourist information office, only to find out it was a travel agency for the railway. The gentleman was kind enough to point us in the right direction to the local market. There was an aroma of fish through out, but strong smells of earth. Lots of vegetable and fruits lying in row with lots of people moving in narrow aisles, bumping and pushing by one another. Wandered to the end and them down to a brightly colored mosque. Looked into fabric stores and ended up buying a sari in a brilliant blue. The clerks asked for pens, but had none. Gave them quarters with the state of Colorado on them, as a token of where I was from. Took several tutu drives with natural air conditioning. Very hot and humid for me with lots of perspiration covering me everywhere.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.128s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0579s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb