Singapore....waiting for the rain to stop!!


Advertisement
Asia
April 21st 2013
Published: April 21st 2013
Edit Blog Post

Dear all,

We finally arrived in Singapore. Got to our hotel on Sentosa Island after a typical encounter with a taxi driver where he didn't know where our hotel was. I explained that it was next to the Merlion statue but my Singlish wasn't good enough and I was emphasising the lion bit instead of the mer bit!

Anyway our room is amazing. We slept well on our first night and the got up yesterday to go to Universal Studios Singapore. Breakfast was in a traditional food place and we had roti with a lentil curry dip. It was actually really nice. We had a great day and the weather was amazing. In the evening we had a swim under the moon and then went to find some more traditional Asian food for dinner.

Having been to Singapore a fair bit I love this place but Ash has never set foot in Asia. Thankfully he loves Singapore and we have already talked about when we can return and which bits of Asia I can show him next.

This morning we got up and headed out on the cable car, back across the sea to the city. For breakfast I had a curry and Ash had some chicken, salmon and rice. Then we got the underground to Chinatown. When we emerged from the train the heavens had opened. When it rains here it really rains. We looked out on Chinatown for ten minutes and then admitted defeat. Back on the train we are now at a big indoor shopping centre having a drink and hoping the rain will stop soon.

Anyway time to go and look at the weather again,

Love and hugs,

Wend and Ash

Advertisement



Tot: 0.155s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0377s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb