Anawangin Capones Day Trip


Advertisement
Asia
September 7th 2012
Published: September 7th 2012
Edit Blog Post

The island of Anawangin and Capones is a must see destination here in the Philippines. It is perfect for adventurous and nature loving people, since there is no electricity and commercial businesses there. You need to bring or rent a tent if you want to sleep there. But if you’re not the adventurous- nature loving person, I suggest that taking a Day Trip to Anawangin and Capones would be the perfect idea. It’s better to sleep in your own bed rather than a tent after a very long and tiring hike.

I and my friends took a spontaneous trip to Anawangin. We left our house at around 5am and went to the Victory Liner Bus Station in Cubao. It took us four hours from Manila to Iba, Zambales. I think it will be a faster ride if you will take the SCTEX Iba Bus. We arrived in Iba, Zambales at around 10am and bought our food and groceries at the town center. We bought our lunch at Andok’s , fresh fruits at the market, and chips & drinks at the grocery store near the bus station. After buying all our stuff that we need for our trip we hired a van which brought us directly to Pundaquit. The van ride from Iba to Pundaquit will take you about 30 to 45 minutes. When we arrived to Pundaquit we hired a boat which costs about 1,500 for the 5 of us. The boat man brought us to Anawangin. We ate our lunch at Anawangin and swam at Capones. Since the driver told us it’s better to swim in Capones since the sand is cleaner and there are lesser crowd there. The island of Capones is a very nice place to chill around and drink we stayed there for about 4 hours and had a picnic there. After that we left Capones and went back to Pundaquit. We took a bath at the hotels near the beach since it is much cleaner than the bathrooms in Anawangin. After that, we ate dinner at Meat Plus in Subic rode a taxi back to the bus station and went home.



Estimated Anawangin Capones Day Trip Budget

One way Bus ride from Manila to Iba, Zambales via Victory Liner P213

Van ride to Pundaquit P150

Roundtrip Boat ride to Anawangin – Capones P300

Food/ Drinks (Andok’s Chicken + Grocery Goods + Rice + Dinner in Subic + Softdrinks + Alcoholic Beverages) P500

Tricycle ride to the town Center P50

Bus ride from the Town Center to Iba, Zambales P40

Bus Ride from Iba, Zambales to Manila P213

Total P1466

Suggested Anawangin Capones Day Trip Itinerary:

5:00 Go to the Victory Liner Station at Edsa Cubao

9:00 Arrive Iba, Zambales

9:10 Buy food at the Fast Food Chains (Andoks, Chooks to Go, Jollibee, Chowking, Mang Inasal, & Sr. Pedro) near the bus Station. You can also buy your drinks and other travel essentials at the grocery store near the bus station.

10:00 Hire a Van which can Go directly to Pundaquit. It is better to share a van. Which will cost you 800 per one way van ride for the whole group.

10:45 Arrive Pundaquit. Hire a boat ride to Anawangin

11:30 You can eat your lunch at Anawangin.

14:30 Go Swimming in Capones Island.

17:30 Leave Capones and go back to Pundaquit

17:45 take a bath in the nearby hotels in Pundaquit (P50 per head)

18:45 Take a Tricycle to the Town Center

19:00 take a bus ride to Subic

19:45 Dinner in Subic

21:30 Go back to the Victory Line Bus Station

21:45 Leave Iba, Zamabales

23:30 Arrive Manila

TRAVEL TIPS:

- Travel light

- Bring at least P1,500 or $35

- Bring your own toiletries

- Buy food at the town center.

- Don’t be afraid to ask questions for directions

- Have fun and make friends

- Swim at Capones since it’s much cleaner less crowded.

- Don’t swim in Anawangin because the sand is grey, the water is too deep and there are so many people.

- Eat lunch in Anawangin and meet new friends.



Feel free to visit my blogger account for more information :

http://booklangngbook.blogspot.com/2012/09/anawangin-capones-day-trip.html


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.129s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 16; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0502s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb