Last days of Ho Chi Minh and off to Mui Ne


Advertisement
Asia
March 7th 2012
Published: March 12th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Well the pace of Ho Chi Minh soon had us rushing around visiting the womens museum where mum found it depressing but was glad to have visited it. We walked through the parks and almost played tennis but it was far too hot so decided against it. We tried a vegetarian care which was in the old lonely planet book so no foreigners were eating there so was nice not to get the pretentious bullshit you hear in some of them. Instead we enjoyed cheaper beers and followed where the locals went and met a retired teacher and an 85 year old cyclist who both managed to get very drunk whilst they enjoyed English and not American company. Monday we had a planned tour with urban adventures to the Mekong Delta where we enjoyed a boat trip to a village where we watched coconut candy being made. Following this a trip through the jungle on a Moto / tuk tuk and a wonderful lunch. I thoroughly recommend them for the tour if you visit this area. You can also go on a homestay should you want to. Although I don't recommend getting drunk the night before and watching the fantastic rugby match between France and Ireland. France should have won really. Yesterday we upped sticks and headed to Mui Ne which is an up and coming beach resort with all budgets to suit. We managed to find a lovely place for 12US a night for a double room but if you have 30 dollars plus you can get some amazing resorts. I recommend also using Phuong Trang buses as they are safe reliable and will drop you at where you want to stay or in the centre unlike other bus companies. Our aim is to stay for 3 nights and head to the party town of Natrang where we aim to watch the rugby on Saturday. The area seems to be full of Russians but most keep to themselves and the area remains peacefull. Afternoon naps during the hottest part is a must as the sun soon zaps all the energy out of you. Travellers planning a visit this is a great time to come as tourism is in low season so less people and it is cheaper.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0387s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb