SANYA (HANOI), CHINA


Advertisement
Asia
January 19th 2012
Published: February 28th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Next day was spent at sea and 19th Jan we were into Sanya (Hanoi), China at 1.00 p.m., departing 10.00 that night.

The Chinese officials wouldn't allow anyone off the ship until an hour later - for what reason we never found out.

Sanya was a real surprise as it was a huge city. We got a lovely reception coming into port with Chinese dancers and we moored right by the new 3-building Casino they were still building on the Island.

I never booked any tours in Sanya nor bothered with a Chinese Visa, but wished I had as it was apparently a tourist place for the Russians for summer holidays and of course the Chinese, and it looked great from the ship.

Just after sunset I was out on the back deck photographing the lights of the city when next minute, the 3-buildings of the Casino we were moored literally right next to, just lit up and constantly changed colours. Was absolutely brilliant and they continued changing colours until abut 10.00 that night.

We finally sailed out of Sanya at 11.00 that night – having been held up for an hour by the Chinese officials. Thankfully, the Captain (who was a stickler for punctuality) could make up an hour.

Having never heard of Sanya before, I must say I'd go back there again.


Additional photos below
Photos: 29, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0294s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb