So next up on our whirlwind temple tour was Halebidu. The temple complex at Halebidu consists of two Hindu temples - the Hoysaleshawara and Kedareshwara temples and two Jain basadi.
We spent several hours checking them out. Another quite incredible place, with the Holysaleshawara temple possessing amazingly intricate carvings depicting Hindu mythology, animals, dancing figures, birds and just ab... Read Full Entry
1. Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness. - Mark Twain
2. The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page. - St. Augustine
3. There are no foreign lands. It is the traveler only who is foreign. - Robert Louis Stevenson
4. The use of traveling is to regulate imagination by reality, and instead of thinking how things may be, to see them as they are. - Samuel Johnson
5. All the pathos and irony of leaving onefs youth behind is thus implicit in every joyous moment of travel: one knows that the first joy can never be recovered, and the wise trav... full info