Day 17 - Bangkok to Siem Reap


Advertisement
Asia
September 19th 2010
Published: November 30th -0001
Edit Blog Post

Early start again, left the hotel at 7 & headed for the bus station. We took a bus to the border which took around 5 hours, we stamped out of Thailand and had lunch in 'no mans land'. Very strange here as there was a casino and kids with no shoes begging, the contrast was insane, also strange that there was a casino, but it isn't in a country.

Once we were over the Cambodian border we took a bus for around 2 and a half hours to the hotel.

We arrived in Siem Reap around 5. After a shower we went for a walk around Siem Reap, which is very small. After Tony pointed out some key places we went for dinner and then to the night market. At the night market we had a fish massage for $3 (including a drink). This was very weird and tickled a lot. The fish nibble at your feet and eat your dead skin. It is very hard to get used to the feeling and sit still.

Once we had finished with the fish we wandered around the night market which was really nice, it sold lots of scarves, pashminas, silk, clothes, jewellery and purses. After this we went home to bed.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.035s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 22; dbt: 0.019s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb