Last of Cambodia and a little of Loas and Bangkok


Advertisement
Asia
August 23rd 2010
Published: August 25th 2010
Edit Blog Post

cocktails in Siem Reap..cocktails in Siem Reap..cocktails in Siem Reap..

this was the beginning of a big night and a nasty hangover
Hello to everyone!
So we spent an awesome four nights in Siem Reap, definately our favourite spot in Cambodia! Jewels and I had a vodka bucket and cocktail filled night, which resulted in blurred memories and a headache all day the following...but soo worth it, although I didn't need to hold that baby the homeless street kid handed me and Jewels hated it when they stole her havianas.....we thought we were pretty good cos' we could say stop, "chop" in kmeh, so we yelled at these little kids to give the thong back, was pretty funny...and then the hangover which was made soo much better after calling Mez and Rob to find that they were engaged, how exciting!! Congrats!!
So we left from Siem Reap and headed for Loas, so a 12hr bus trip on which we started on a bus that the door didn't close, we had to climb over the spare tyre in the isle way, the seats were sticky and leather which isn't the best when its 34 degrees on a bus with no aircon and morning sun, he he...but we made it to the border and changed buses from there for the rest of the journey...we then
bbq dinner..bbq dinner..bbq dinner..

cook your own
got to 4000 island, Don Dep where we piled onto a little wooden motor boat to head over to the island. Jewels and I have definately been cursed, because everytime we head to the water/coast it buckets down rain....we stayed here for one night and then headed from there to Pakse, which we we thought would have many more adventurous things to do, but apparently its all in the north of Loas which we didn't have enough time to get to....Pakse was strange, a little ghost town really...
we stayed two nights and went on a day tour for the whole day that we were there....
It was pretty funny, we got picked up in a van, not a 4wd...and headed out for the day, 6 girls and the driver. We went to a few waterfalls which were amazing but the roads were very slippery and wet, covered in clay..on our way out of one waterfall, the canadian girl got very nervous and wanted to get out cos the road was super slippery and covered in clay...after attempting to get up a few times, us girls got out and had to push this van up teh hill, was hilarious, covered
the bomb busthe bomb busthe bomb bus

this was the first bus to Siem Reap
in mud and after a few attempts we got there..we also went to a couple of villages which was all against what we know as morals......the men had as many wives as they wanted, girls started having children from the time they were 12 or 13, having up to 12 children. This man showed us around and he was walking around smkoing a tobacco bong, which everyone smokes from the age of 3...so we were walking around and see these little chickdren smoking tobacco bongs, pretty confronting!
So from Loas , we got an overnight bus to Bangkok, here we are trying to get a little colour in our skin, after spending a month in asia we wanna leave with some colour, although we all know that hard for me without a bottle of gradual tan, he he!....and I have now gone to the exreme of getting very burnt..oops! So we have 1 more night in Bangkok and then we have a flight to Paris.......the europe stories will flow from then on..
hoping everyone is well, missing you all!
crocko.x

I'll post up some pictures next time, i forgot my hard drive to upload them.



Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement



Tot: 0.354s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0348s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb