Just busting your chops man!!!!


Advertisement
Asia
July 16th 2010
Published: July 16th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Well guys I thought I would give Jamie a rest and break my cherry with the travel blog. Also his spelling is that bad I'm suprised if you know what or where we have been already.

Where do I start? The last two weeks have been an absolute ball. Since our last update when we were in Ko Phangnan we were due to do our scuba diving in Ko Tao. Unfortunately I developed a serious case of pink eye (think jamie had something to do with it) and so we decided to leave it for the time being to let my eyes recover and so we decided to go to Ko Samui. What a decision!!!

We decided on Chaweng beach which is sort of like Magaluf on steroids. We spent a total of 6 days there. For the first couple of days our routine was sleep until 4pm and party until 8am. On the third night we met a couple of american girls who were so much fun and we ended up spending the next few days in Ko Samui with them having a laugh and chilling on the beach in the day. Jamie and I hired a Sea Kayak and kayaked over to some islands off the coast of Ko Samui, probably one of the best things we have done so far. After the sunsets we would spend out time chilling on some loungers with a few chang beers (cant believe I'm drinking them and I apologise to all fellow red fans).

Following Ko Samui we again decided to delay Ko Tao and travel with the american girls to Pattong in Phuket for two nights. What a shithole. Full of Ladyboys and typical western sex tourists. We still had a great time but mainly due to company we had. The one good thing about the place was the sunsets which were out of this world as you will note from the pictures attached. Not really much to say other than that about Phuket.

Leaving Phuket we were next on our way to ko Phi Phi for 3 days. What an Island. It has everything crystal clear waters, great food and a party nightlife. We ended up hiring another Kayak and went to a beach called Monkey Island. It is not an Island and there were no Monkeys so pretty much a blatant lie. Still was a nice beach all the same. The following day we booked on a boat trip around the Island and some smaller islands off Ko Phi Phi. What a day. We would stop off at various places and snorkel seeing all sorts of fish and marine life. Much of the snorkelling involved avoiding jellyfish which unfortunately none of us managed to do and the stings were not the greatest. Our final stop was the Island were the beach was filmed. After wrestling with razor sharp coral, a fight which I lost badly and still have the cuts to prove it on my babyfeet, we made our way through the jungle to come out to the nicest beach I have seen. Postcard stuff. The Photos will hopefully do it justice.

So from Ko Phi Phi we headed back to Bangkok for two nights which again consisted of overdosing on Changs. We did manage to cram in a trip to Chinatown which was a bit mad and hectic. We also went to a club in Sumkhavit which was in a car park (crazy thais). They had two different rock bands on who basically played the same playlsit (much like the rest of Thailand). Our final night in Bangkok we went to a rooftop bar on the 83rd floor overlooking Bangkok. Was amazing and the views were unbelieveable.

After leaving Bangkok we made a three hour bus journey up north to Kanthuburi (not sure of spelling) but this is where the bridge over river kwai is which we walked over today. Hopefully we will be going to the tiger temple tomorrow and will post pictures of that on our next blog.

Anyhows that is all for now and hope everyone is well and staying safe. Take it easy on the streets JITOY.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



19th July 2010

Canadian Girls
Dear English Men- Just want to know how our lovely singalongs didn't get mentioned in the blog. I mean COMMON that one girl that sang had NOTHING on us! Chang Mai?

Tot: 0.121s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0486s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb