To the BEACH!


Advertisement
Asia
July 7th 2009
Published: July 7th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Shenzhen airportShenzhen airportShenzhen airport

layyyovverrrr.... borrrinnggggg.

After a final last hurrah in Tianjin we headed for Beijing for a little shopping, some 5 dollar pedicures and massages, and then to the airport. The first flight was from Beijing to Shenzhen, China,for a 5 hour layover. Unfortunatly the plain was delayed and the five of us (Kohle, Anna, John, Matt, and myself) had to wait for an extra five hours. We had lined up a hostel to pick us up at the airport, but needless to say it wasn't there when we arrived at 2 in the morning. A taxi driver lent us his phone and we called ton of hostels and finally found one that was open. It was the funkiest little place and had the sweetest staff. The amount of bikes, scooters, and mopeds in Vietnam is astounding. Our first day in HoChiMinh we wondered around and took a boat ride down the Saigon river. The river was pretty dingy and the huts along the side of the river were pretty grim, it was quite the experience. After a lunch and a torential rainstorm we decided to grab a 'bike carriage dealy' back to the place. When two men said "three for a ride" we were sold, BUT they only had two bikes, so we thought they'd just grab another guy...NOPE in true Vietnemese style the man put Kohle up in the carriage, spread her legs (she was wearing a dress and was pretty uncomfortable) and said to me you sit here, pointing to the couple inches of seat between Kohle's legs. The ride was less then comfortable and at every stop the driver would have to get off and hang from the back of the bike so our weight didn't tip the bike. We knew it was a sight when a family of five, all crammed onto one scooter, were pointing and laughing. That night Luke was supposed to arrive at 10pm but never arrived. We were relieved to see him at about 8am. His flight had been delayed 10 hours! (Don't fly Shenzhen airlines there is no aircon and the flights are apparently always delayed...)

The following day (Sunday) we hopped on a 5 hour bus ride to Mui Ne (where we are now). We are staying on the beach, our hostel has a pool, hammocks, and frozen drinks, we are in heaven! Yesterday we spent the day loungin on the beach. Today we are nursing sunburns and heading to the sandunes to atv and sand surf, it should be wonerful!

Tomorrow we're off to Nha Trang for some surfing and island hopping. We'll try to keep the blogs coming, but internet is a little touch and go from town to town.

Lot of Love!

Kristen (and the girls)


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



7th July 2009

Kohle!! it looks like you're having so much fun!!! I'm very jealous of the beach life/ backpacker life you're livin right now... drink a bucket or two for me ok!?!
14th July 2009

Looking good guys... try a coffee from "Trung Nguyen" if you get a chance, they are awesome yet really cheap :) Are you going to Hoi An at all? Andrew

Tot: 0.109s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0545s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb