Asia trip - Lao/Vietnam


Advertisement
Asia
March 8th 2008
Published: March 8th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hello,

Time spent so quickly in China and Lao!!! The last days in Lao much greater than expected, as you can see on the pictures! Cool!

After that, we met an american cousin of Loc by pure chance in the Louangprabang Airport and she joined us on our the way to Hue, plane + long night train with Corean Jehova Witnesses... interesting:"Love each other my friends!"

Hue is the city where Loc's family come from, in the center of Vietnam, it is an ancient capital of Vietnamese Empires. We're also learning a lot about colonialism and wars that vietnamese (and lao) people have been enduring in the last century!!! French and americans are welcome now to visit the country, but what a terrible History!
Loc's family invited me to live with them, eat delicious meals and see some buddhist events: With some buddhist nons and students, we crossed the very poor country side of the Hue province and went to a village where a donation of food and money took place. Then we had lunch in the Pagoda...vegan and tasty...hmm 😉

We visited also some old tombs of Emperors who use to spend all their money building their after-life environment. Imagine if our states were allowing that to our leaders? Still, it looks peaceful and nice when not destroyed by the wars.

After a day in Hoi An, a very nice old town, and a night in the bus, we are in now Nha Trang. We've been swimming in the see and under the clouds... hopefully the sun will come back soon!

In the next days, we will go to Saigon (or Ho Chi Minh City) and visit some places in south Vietnam.

Bye

Benjamin



Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



9th March 2008

coucou!
Salut! Vu ton texte, j'imagine que tu profites de ton voyage. Nous... bah il pleut . Je ne sait pas quand tu reviens en France, mais on espère bientôt te revoir. Profites bien de ton séjour à bientôt!!
10th March 2008

message de Mamie
Mamie est très heureuse de voir que tu fais un voyage pareil ! Les photos sont magnifiques. Continue ce beau voyage avec ma bénédiction. Je t'embrasse très fort. Julien : Je suis d'accord avec mamie.
24th April 2008

Ben on an Elephant
Ben I especially love the one of you atop the elephant. That picture is priceless. You have a look of fear / excitement on your face that can't be described in words. I love it.
1st May 2008

Pinaise meg, ca à l'air carrement génial ton trip. Profite bien et continue d'envoyer des photos, elles sont magnifiques...mais fait en aussi des moches qu'on ne soit pas trop dégouté :p See u soon

Tot: 0.124s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0997s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb