Laos in the time of covid.


Advertisement
Asia
April 10th 2020
Published: April 11th 2020
Edit Blog Post

On March 11th the WHO declared the coronavirus outbreak a pandemic, just as Turkey, Ivory Coast, Honduras and Bolivia announced their first cases. There were now 126,214 confirmed cases worldwide, 7,266 new cases that day and a total of 4,628 deaths thus far. Should we head back to the UK? If we did we would need to enter into isolation, although there was no way we'd contemplate doing so at eith... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 69, Displayed: 21


Advertisement
















11th April 2020

Oi Oi Saveloy
Top read fella I think you're better off there mate Beer Lao would go down well right now cheers stay safe
11th April 2020

Saveloy... saveloy?
Not sure about the saveloy.... Fucking pizza, kebaby, fish and chips, lasagne... Christ I'm a salivating wreck... Book us in for a hoppy pint July 20th, with any (all) of the above. Seriously, looking forward to catching up when we do, eventually, hit England (London) again. We will be stopping in Enfield (my semi-sis) when we do get back so's you are definitely gonna get a call. Stock up...
11th April 2020

Thanks so much for posting your Covid-19 lock down expereince in Laos.
Although you may think that you've had a thoroughly shitty month there, by comparison to many other places, you've been living in paradise.
12th April 2020

Shitty month
We do appreciate that. The comment was meant to read in a far broader sense... It's been a shitty month for mankind...
13th April 2020
Also cooling off

Welcome and appreciated
How lucky are you to be welcome & appreciated in Laos...safe & secure...and also cooling off. This blog is an historical record of Brits in contact in the ether but surviving the Covid-19 pandemic from afar. The virus has many stories. Thank you for being upbeat, being conscious of observing your safeguard responsibilities...and sharing your survival story.
14th April 2020
Cooling off

Two gorgeous little ones
The virus is indeed a shit! I can imagine the angst of trying to make decisions with so little (and constantly changing) information. All in all, it seems you have made the best choices and are probably far better off than most of us in highly populated centres. Hope you are continuing to keep safe and well. P.S. puppy in the bucket with bubs would have broken the cuteness scale... ;)
29th April 2020

Here I am, finally catching up on blogger’s posts that I favour the most. Present company included. Life being at a standstill and all. I had made an assumption you both had gone back to Jolly Ol’ but alas you are holed up in Laos. One can only live on baguette and fruit smoothie so long. But it doesn’t sound like that bad of a gig. Try and stay dry, hopefully that river doesn’t breach the balcony this year. It’s now April 30th. What’s the latest? Other than worrying about your loved ones, Fair, I think you were smart to hunker down in Laos. I’d trade you a plate of crispy cicadas and Beerlao right about now! Hang in there are stay safe Andy & Ali! BTW Thank you for the well wishes on my latest post. Cheers!
10th May 2020

What happened next?
I really enjoyed reading your blog and was looking forward to the next instalment! As a blogger I know it’s possible to reach overload and decide to stop and just live in the moment, but if you do write about what happened next I’d be really interested. Stay safe and well, wherever you are!
11th May 2020

Next...
Hi Rachel, we never blog more than once a month... Another will be out in a about a week or so. If you're interested you can get an email notification by "following" us on the Travelblog site. Stay safe and well yourself. Best wishes, Andy and Ali.

Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0609s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb