Halloween in Hanoi


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam
October 27th 2007
Published: June 24th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Stopped off in Hue for a few hrs (5) with Alex & Astrid then swapped our normal bus for sleeper bus (USD5 extra)to Hanoi (12 hrs),....no way was I doing another normal bus...sleeper bus was class....


Arrived into Hanoi & straight off the bus and booked our Halong Bay tour ($25 for 2 days 1 night)) and off we went....it was beautiful, the oceanic scenery was amazing, our boat though left alot of be desired for.. all was not lost tho cos by the grace of god... we met 2 crazy girls ........Abby from London and Lou from Oz.. so glad as our boat was seriously lacking in excitement and after a few drinks thought our boat was BORING so we jumped ship and swam over to where the music was coming from on another boat, Karaoke all night!!! We even got a standing ovation when we stomped in....drenched wet as you can imagine. We got the whole place going. .. def one to remember...

Halloween was fast approaching so back in Hanoi we all decided to attend a Halloween party at Hanoi Backpackers and our budget was to be no more than 50,000 Dong... (3 Dollaaa) I was going as a carrot (lol!) , Alex as a snowman, Abby as a poisonous mushroom and Lu as the wicked witch from Oz... in the end I went as a homemade catwoman... or Zoro gone wrong in my case.. great fun shopping for the costumes and getting them all ready over wine and vodka at the girls hotel room..We were unstoppable... rocked into Hanoi Backpackers and after no time at all the winner was announced..our Snowman!!!! And the price for such an honourable mention............. 30 USD of free drinks.... Such a class night was had by all.... what was remembered anyway!!

The next day was wasted with a hangover and a missed sad good bye to Lou and Abs... we got to their hotel and all that was left was the furry cup mushroom costume and the wicked witch of the west hat... it was like a puff of smoke and they were gone...BIG BIG Shout out to these fabulioucious girls... I'd have changed all my plans and turned around to travel back down to Saigon with them...but obviouly I didnt.. maybe I'd have if I was starting out on my 16 month trip... by far the funniest & craziest girls Ive come across....


Another goodbye to my snowman... heading for the foothills of Cambodia and leaving me behind in Hanoi... BIG BIG shout out to you Alex.. same day Renee text to say she was heading off to Sa Pa I'd had enough of saying good bye to everyone and decided to leave with her that evening aswell, Renee collected me in a taxi and TWO head Northward to the Mountains of Northern Vietnam..... took the over night sleeper (USD 37 return) for the weekend.................





Additional photos below
Photos: 35, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.193s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 13; qc: 76; dbt: 0.0748s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb