One of the best - Nha Trang


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Southeast
June 8th 2015
Published: June 8th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Yesterday was so awesome!!!! It was our last day in Nha Trang and it was one of our favourite days so far! We decided to hire scooters for the day - even though I said I wouldn't do that here because it is so hectic and dangerous looking - but Nha Trang is much more tame than Ho Chi Minh is! I wasn't going to get my own one and just go on the back of Matt's because I thought I'd crash but I decided to man up and get my own one which I definitely don't regret! We wanted to be able to see more of this scenic town and not just the centre, so we followed the coast north.

We had gone about 5 minutes and stopped on the side of the road to get some water and sunblock out of Matt's seat but he managed to lock himself out of the bike completely because the key had broken. A few locals near by came to help and realised they wouldn't be able to so they called the guy we hired them off and explained what happened. He came down on his scooter with another key which fixed the problem which was good, but as we were starting to head off again Matt dropped his phone and the screen has completely smashed!

The phone didn't affect how much fun we were going to have though.. We passed many beaches on our way which were so beautiful, and I had the go pro to take videos as well which was so handy! We passed a couple of goats walking on the road as well as children playing and parents working. For a lot of people in Vietnam the weekend isn't really a thing, they work long hours every day.

We passed a couple of resorts which we kept in mind for the way back to get lunch, and we decided to follow a road through the mountains which were slightly windy but had amazing views. We were able to see heaps of islands and a great view of the ocean as we drove along. It was so hot on the scooters, the wind blowing in our faces was really warm and we drove through some very interesting smells .. We went through a little fishing village which was really cool to see but not cool to smell.. The boats were so different to the fishing boats we have at home as they are much older and smaller but are painted many colours and a Vietnamese style of design which I just love!

After driving in one direction for about 50km we decided to head back to get some food, and we stopped at this Russian resort which we passed on the way. (There are a lot of Russian tourists in Nha trang so other Russians will invest a lot of money into resorts and touristy activities). The resort was so picturesque with amazing views of the Oceana and Nha Trang city. We had coconuts to hydrate ourselves and beer to cool down, and ordered some delicious Vietnamese food and tried some Russian food too. We were really keen to go on the JetSkis that they had for hire at the resort but it was quite rough and we decided to leave it until Hoi An or Hanoi.

Once we decided to depart the relaxing resort we drove down to a beach packed with local children and parents relaxing in the evening sun and playing in the water. It was so nice being in the middle of the culture instead of on the touristy beach in central Nha Trang where a lot of the locals avoid - unless they're trying to sell you corn or paintings!

We had Japanese for dinner as it was right next door to the hotel and then went straight to the train station for our second overnight train. The train ride was all good, we arrived in Hoi An at 7.30 this morning I start our first adventurous day!


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.227s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.1159s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb