Siem Reap - Ho Chi Minh


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Southeast » Ho Chi Minh City
February 28th 2017
Published: March 1st 2017
Edit Blog Post

Now it is time for our group to head to our last country of the tour, Vietnam. As usual we woke up early and headed off to the airport. We were flying on Vietnam airlines and the check in process was extremely slow. but security was pretty fast. I was lucky on this flight as the person checking me in gave me an exit row seat on the aisle and no one sat in the middle seat so the flight was very comfortable.

When we arrived in Vietnam we had to go through immigration which was relatively fast, but the luggage took forever to arrive. We met our guide for Vietnam, Vince and he took us on the bus straight to a local mall that had a food court of all sorts of cuisine. I laughed because the majority of us wound up eating at Carl's Jr. as I think a lot of us are getting tired of rice.

We learned that the people that live in Ho Chi Minh city actually still refer to it as Saigon and only use Ho Chi Minh on their official documents.

After lunch we headed to check into the hotel and relaxed a little this afternoon. Of course we had to check out the local massage places. Our group then headed to an office complex where we had dinner at a rooftop garden restaurant. The food was pretty good and consisted of the usual soup, rice, vegetables, and meat.

Patti and Margo had ordered some family portrait paintings from a store in the bar district of Saigon so we all headed there and had a great time people watching.

We decided to go to bed early as tomorrow is a big day of touring Saigon.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.046s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0291s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb