Week 4


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Southeast » Ho Chi Minh City
July 23rd 2006
Published: July 23rd 2006
Edit Blog Post

Week 4 - Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon) before flying back to Sydney


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

Walking TourWalking Tour
Walking Tour

We went on a walking tour of HCM with Mike and Liz. Uncle Ho is in the background cast in bronze.
Rex HotelRex Hotel
Rex Hotel

We found time for a drink at the Rex Hotel's rooftop bar made famous during the Vietnam War. Lauren let her hair down.
Rice PaperRice Paper
Rice Paper

On a day trip to the Chu Chi Tunnels we stopped at a rice paper shop (for tourists). Liz demonstrates how it's done. Craig's effort didn't deserve a photo.
War SurplusWar Surplus
War Surplus

Andrew helped the Vietnamese out with their war surplus of amunition. At the Chu Chi tunnels tourists could fire off a clip for about USD5.
CrepesCrepes
Crepes

Travelling with 4 Fordyces is mainly about food. Here we sampled sweet crepes and coffee while people watching with the beautiful people of HCM.
Sweets with a ViewSweets with a View
Sweets with a View

On top of the very fashionable Caravelle Hotel we sampled the sweets while looking down on HCM.
Vietnam DreamVietnam Dream
Vietnam Dream

On our last day in HCM we went to a bizarre fun park. Too hard to describe what it was like. What was with the weird monkey parade?
OptionalOptional
Optional

Feeding the crocs was optional...
WetWet
Wet

We opted to get wet in the water park sans crocodiles
Welcome homeWelcome home
Welcome home

We arrived home to a cold and dark Sydney. Craig and Greg look at the sunrise from our balcony and talk about the great trip that was had.


6th August 2006

Awesome Trip
Hey guys it looks like you had an amazing trip. We are planning atrip very much the same as yours. Have not been able to find much info on Sapaaswe are planning to ride nikes from hanoi to sapa ourselves. It was great looking andreading your blog. Thanks:o) have fun onyour next adventure.

Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 43; dbt: 0.038s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb