The whole group is here!!


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Southeast » Ho Chi Minh City
March 24th 2008
Published: March 24th 2008
Edit Blog Post

The Zalenski, Lorigan, Butler, Warren contingent has arrived! After a 36 hour tour (24 hours fly time), we, all of our mangled boxes of donations, and SOME of our luggage are in Ho Chi Minh City. We took a cyclo-tour of the city --WOW-what sights and sounds. Words cannot explain the wild ride - people, bicycles, motorbikes, buses, taxis - EVERYWHERE! We then met up with Tracy, Will & Helen (David had to get back to school) for a wonderful Vietnamese meal complete with squid, monkfish and some things we're not quite sure of. At the end of the day, we got to have a quick drink at the rooftop bar of the Majestic Hotel overlooking the Saigon river before hitting the hay.

Due to technical difficulties, no photos today. We were all looking a little rough anyhow after the marathon travel day. Off to the Cu Chi Tunnels tomorrow. Pray for luggage!!

Kris

Advertisement



24th March 2008

Hello from Chad and Family
hi jake this is chad!!!!!!im sending this message from Florida!!!!!!!what was in the cave???????send pictures of things you did!!!!!!! have fun and send pictures of the school. was the flight too long?????my mom told us everyday you were still flying.!!!!!!
25th March 2008

hey Abby!!its Kalyn!! How was the long plane ride? I've been looking at the travel blog everyday. Hope you have a great time!
25th March 2008

Hey Abby, it's Jess! I was on the computer and I wanted to check out your blog. I'll keep looking at it and I'll be waiting for some pictures! I wanna see how you're doing. Well I miss you and I love you! Be safe and have fun!
25th March 2008

Hey Abby, it's Jess! I was just checking in. No pictures of you on here yet so I'll be waiting for those! Let me know how everything goes. Be safe and have fun! Love you, bye!
25th March 2008

On Your Trip
Hello Zalenski family, we are glad to see that you have made it safe and sound despite the long travels. Keep us posted on pics and all the good times there. We also wanted to take this time to tell Carly that we are proud of her as well as all others involved. Have a great time and we'll see you back in the states ;-)...PS please bring home some warm weather with you..lol...it was a blazing 38 degrees here today.
25th March 2008

Glad to Hear that you are Safe and Sound
Hi Kris, Fred, and gang. So glad to hear that you all arrived safely. Sounds like crazy travels and interesting culinary delights upon arrival. Wow, we are so proud of Carly and the rest of you for making this excursion and dedicating this school. You all are an inspiration. Please take good care of yourselves and each other and keep us posted. Love, Rob, Kelly and kiddos.
25th March 2008

Hey Zalenski's It is lonely in the hood without you. Glad to hear you made it there safe and Abby had lots of favorite foods to choose from for her first meal. We can't wait to hear all about it!!
25th March 2008

Hey Abby, I hope you're having a fun trip! I am going to keep checking for pictures and blogs...so keep me posted! Hope your family is having a fun time! --Jacque
25th March 2008

Hey Abby its Kalyn! I keep checking the blog for pictures of you!! I wanna see what ur doing. Hope your having fun!! Miss you so much!!
26th March 2008

Hey Kalyn! How's Arizona? We're having a great time...and I found out what Ti Chi is, so ask me about it. Talk to you soon! Love, Abby
27th March 2008

Goood Morming Vietnam!
Hello family "Z". This blog is great, thanks for the link. What an undertaking truely an admirable project. Enjoy your time in SE Asia. Keep the pics coming. How are the spring break crowds? Be safe.
2nd April 2008

Hi Zalenski Crew!
Hello everyone! Mollie just sent the blog to Aunt Bonnie and she passed it along to me. How exciting!!!! Carly, words cannot describe what you have done! You should be so proud of yourself. Have an amazing adventure and take care. I would love to hear more about all of this when you return. Love, your cousins Mark, Nicole, and Ana in Cincinnati

Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0485s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb