Day 360 - Good, very early, morning Vietnam


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Southeast » Ho Chi Minh City
June 27th 2007
Published: June 27th 2007
Edit Blog Post

The train arrived in Saigon (officially Ho Chi Minh city but the people who live here ignore decrees from the government up north and still prefer Saigon) at a nice and practical 5am. Since we hadn’t had the best nights sleep (see yesterday) we were keen to find a guesthouse that would let us check-in early, or very early in this case. We tried one that we’d been recommended but there was no sign of life there and whilst walking to another one we tried a couple of hotels to see if they’d offer us an off-season bargain. After a couple of disappointments we found a nice new one for $30 so decided to take it. It’s almost the end of our trip after all. Then we slept a little before heading out to look around. Our first errand was to pick up some flight tickets and before long we were in a mall of Louis Vitton and the like, marvelling at how different it is here from our recent destinations. In the end we decided to leave exploring to another day, settled into an Italian restaurant at the 5-star Park Hyatt and had yet another amazing meal. Relatively quite cheap too - probably a third of what we’d have paid in London. We emerged into a thunderstorm which seemed to be well set, so we caught a taxi back and suddenly realised that in a week’s time we would be on our way home.




Advertisement



Tot: 0.266s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 20; qc: 105; dbt: 0.1492s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb