Ho Chi Minh City


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Southeast » Ho Chi Minh City
March 25th 2007
Published: March 25th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Jules at Ben Thanh MarketsJules at Ben Thanh MarketsJules at Ben Thanh Markets

Indoor markets...no air-conditioning and 36 degrees, not so comfortable to shop!

HO CHI MINH CITY - 25/03/07 to 27/03/07


We arrived in Ho Chi Minh City with a killer hangover after a big night out in Nha Trang and early flight. So for the first day, it's safe to say we didn't get up to much. The weather was not helping with a temperature of around 38 degrees and what felt like 200%!h(MISSING)umidity. We stayed in the backpackers district of HCMC which was close to some markets but far from the centre of town.

The markets were not so pleasant for shopping. Although indoors, it was jammed packed with people and stuff, and no aircon or ventilation. We were quite disappointed with the quality of the shopping as it was all basically junk, even though we had been told differently by other tourists.

We ventured out for dinner and some more alcohol (surprise surprise) at a backpackers pub. Here we met some European tourists and again, had a rather large night.

On our last day in HCMC, we met up with Amy, who is a friend of Julie's sister, who now lives locally. She was kind enough to get her driver to pick us up and show
Sarah at the markets!Sarah at the markets!Sarah at the markets!

The meat sitting out in the heat....not so appetizing
us the main attractions of HCMC which we had missed. Unfortunately we only had a couple of hours to catch up, so Amy took us to a flash cafe/bar for some delicious food, then it was off to the airport to fly back to Bangkok.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Jules at dinnerJules at dinner
Jules at dinner

Eating dinner at a little Saigon Cafe/Bar! Once again, beautiful food...
Saigon Cafe/BarSaigon Cafe/Bar
Saigon Cafe/Bar

The beers and food flowed well...
Jules at the "GO Bar"Jules at the "GO Bar"
Jules at the "GO Bar"

Out for a few quiet drinks which turned into a huge night.
Our new friends in SaigonOur new friends in Saigon
Our new friends in Saigon

A Croatian and a Pommie whom we partied with...what a laugh!


Tot: 0.143s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0453s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb