Last day in HCMC


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Southeast » Ho Chi Minh City » District 1
July 21st 2016
Published: July 21st 2016
Edit Blog Post

Decided that today would be another Sunday with a bit of a stroll in the park, a bit of sightseeing and a wander through one or two of the shopping malls. Grabbed a couple of croissants and headed to the park to have a quiet breakfast but was accosted by a couple of guys who wanted to practice English, an Irish junky who wanted to know where to get heroine and wouldn't leave even when I told him I didn't have a clue. Then the touts descended selling sunglasses and all manner of useless crap and the last straw was the hookers who wondered if I wanted a massage with a happy ending. The only bloody happy ending I wanted was to left in peace so I abandoned the park and headed for a shopping mall but it was all Tiffany's and Tissot watches and Montblanc pens so tried a second one and finally found a coffee shop where I could sit in peace for a while. This city rapidly becomes wearing. I'm quite looking forward to getting on the night train to Danang shortly. I imagine there will still be touts but I'm hoping fewer in number.


Additional photos below
Photos: 2, Displayed: 2


Advertisement



22nd July 2016

Hoi An
If you get the time while in Danang, try to get down to Hoi An. Quaint little town, very pretty, specially at night when all the lanterns are lit. The Market Restaurant across the river from old town is a great place for some nice food, and far cheaper than the pricier glitzy ones in the main area. Lots of great food there anywhere tho really. Also the interior of Marble Mountain is quite impressively atmospheric. And the view from the top of Hai Van Pass north of Danang is amazing on a clear day, both ways.
22nd July 2016

Hoi an
Thanks Garrick. Spending a couple of days in Hoi An now. It really is a pretty place. I'll check restaurant tonight

Tot: 0.037s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0199s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb