Ho Chi Minh City


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Southeast » Ho Chi Minh City » District 1
April 9th 2011
Published: April 9th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Hi again,

looks like the blog will be less pretty than we hoped. Can't upload pics from the phone (on wifi) and the internet cafe doesn't let you plug anything in either (fear of viruses). Hopefully we'll get some pictures in at later sites.

We arrived last night at the hotel around midnight (~2pm Boston time IIRC) and surprisingly everyone did manage to get to sleep pretty quickly. This morning we scouted out the local area we are in which is the main backpacker tourist district. We found a new hotel for tomorrow night (same price but much nicer one block over) and then walked down to the Ben Tranh market for a bit of window shopping. After that we spent a bit of time trying to organize the next few days. After that we walked down to the river hoping to find a boat to charter for an hour or so. Unfortunately we did not find the right part of the river and could not find a boat to rent which disappointed Jacob. Luckily there are still many more chances for boat trips.

Right now it looks like another day in Ho Chi Minh City (HCMC) and then we'll do a 2-day visit down to the Mekong delta including one overnight there and rides in speed, row and ferry boats. Then we'll return to HCMC for a day or two and then take the overnight sleeper bus up north to Dalat. A few days there and then Dalat to Mui Ne on the beach, then back to HCMC and from their south to the beaches below the Mekong delta. Then finally back to HCMC again to catch the plane out.

CC and Jacob have both discovered they love the coconut shakes (served in a real coconut) but we haven't really had any real Vietnamese food yet. Hopefully that will change at dinner in an hour or so.

More to come, hopefully with pictures next time.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 45; dbt: 0.042s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb