MUI NE


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » South Central Coast
February 2nd 2012
Published: February 3rd 2012
Edit Blog Post

Well everything is back to normal here in vietnam , the shops are all open , the buses are running, and we like it. Mui Ne is a different type of beach town then Nha trang, quite smaller in population, and there's only 1 road lined with palm trees, 20 klm long that runs along the ocean with guest house,resort and restaurents on either side. Theres a large eastern european contingent, where even the menus are in Russian. They say its a beach town and one of the nicest in vietnam , but we wonder where the beach is, as they built the resorts right to the ocean and the waves splash against the retaining wall. It is possible to walk along during low tide , you maybe get a peak at the sand.

We spent 3 nights, and rented a motorbike for a day to go to the sand dunes where the kids rent you a plastic sheets for us to slide down the dunes, while they instructed us how to.. On the way back we got a flat, we got lucky as a repair shop was right at the corner exiting the dune, strange as we where in the middle of knowhere 20 klm away, it must be a common accurence coming out of the dunes. Then just before entering Mui Ne we got another one, but this time we werent so lucky, sean had to push the bike 2 klm to the nearest shop, where we we're told that the tube in the tire was 2 sizes to big ( i guess that's all the last shop had in size) that's why it bursed. It only cost 10.00 CAD for both tubes. all in all a good day was had.

On the last day, we spent around the guest house, walked the almost beach, swam in the ocean and sat by the pool. it was warm but overcast. Sean kept telling me to stop laying by the pool and go under an umbrella. I said its not even sunny out, but he was right. I got sunburt, lucky it wasn't sunny.

In the morning we caught the bus to Saigon (Ho chi minh).


Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement



4th February 2012
Josee posing on our balcony- Mui Ne

Contente de te voir
Allo Josée hi Sean bien contente de vous voir à la vie normal... comme tu dit il y a plus d'action ou vous êtes présentement!!! Toujours de belles photos que vous nous partager! Magnifique! Merci ca nous fait voyager en même temps... So hope you are doing fine Sean and taking in every step of the way of your trip... profiter en à bientôt! Ici tout va bien il fait froid et beaucoup de verglas... Take care both of you with love Hélène xoxox

Tot: 0.19s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 12; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0567s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb