Day 39 Friday June 12, 2009


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » South Central Coast » Quảng Nam » My Son
June 12th 2009
Published: June 19th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Day 39 Friday June 12, 2009

Rented a motorbike and took a scenic 35K trip to My Son village that is home to 4th century ruins and ancient buildings. Very impressive indeed. The builidngs and the architecture they used in that time period with no equipment is amazing. We only got to spend a little time there as our bus was leaving that night for Nha Trang. I stopped by a tailor shop and had a really cute red wool coat made. I had waited to the last minuted deciding whether or not to do it, but $35 for a custom made winter coat was too tempting. She was able to whip it up in 3 hours after taking my meaurements and the material I picked out to use. wow! At 6pm we took a sleeper bus (worse than the last, I can't believe it) through Camel tours to Nha Trang. We had purchase an open ended bus ticket from Ninh Bing further north so we could take the buses south, getting on/off in whatever city was along the way and stay for however many nights we wanted. The ticket was about $35 not too bad if you ride the bus line all the way south.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.114s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0517s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb