Vietnam is beautiful


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » South Central Coast » Quảng Nam » Hoi An
June 26th 2009
Published: June 26th 2009
Edit Blog Post

On Sunday the 21st we set off bright and early to do the long ride through the mountains from Da Lat to Nha Trang.
Early in the morning and up in the mountains the air was fresh and it felt like perfect weather to cycle.
The van took us to where we would start cycling and off we started, during the first uphill I was already feeling the strain! But Steve kept pushing me to keep going and I did and it wasn't so bad in the end, the uphills were going up and down up and down, on one of the downhills there was some sand on which I slid and nearly did a bad fall but I managed to save it just in time ( not too sure how!!) After about an hour we stopped at a waterfall to refresh ourselves, after that the guide and I got in the van but Steve decided to continue on the bike for the last big uphill that would take us to the top of the mountain.
At the top the views were breathtaking and then we started the downhill, still a bit shook from my near fall I took it nice and slow which was great to enjoy the beautiful beautiful scenery around me!
We crossed through villages where children came running out on the street to say " Hello!" and give us a high five as we drove past! It was definitely the best way to do the road from Da Lat to Nha Trang, its the same route that they do on TopGear on the special Christmas edition when they go to Vietnam.
Once down the mountain the heat started hitting pretty hard the sun lotion was doing nothing to protect us and we were literally roasting!
We arrived in Nha Trang nice and red =p
We stayed in Nha Trang for two nights and then went to Hoi An which is beautiful the old city is so charming its definately a place not to miss in Vietnam!
Today we rented a scooter for the first time and then drove out of the central area to go see some rice fields it was a fun experience!


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

One of the views One of the views
One of the views

Photo by: Steve Kingsman


Tot: 0.103s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0562s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb