Hoi An


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » South Central Coast » Quảng Nam » Hoi An
April 18th 2009
Published: April 19th 2009
Edit Blog Post

We flew to Hoi An our beachside destination on Wednesday. I loved Hoi an, so relaxing after the craziness of Hanoi. Brad say's he could live here. Still crazy traffic but not as bad and as developed as every where else. Vietnam's Noosa 25 years ago. So much more relaxed and under developed. Give it 2 years and it wont be the same as they are developing everywhere. About 30% of tourists are Aussies compared to 2% Americans, most are European's.

You walk down the street and you get "G'day mate" Aussie Aussie, they are so welcoming and it is so funny.

This was our rest period if you could call it that with all the shopping we did. We treated our selves to a beautiful resort very luxurious. Hoi An Beach Resort, river on one side and a private beach on the other.
Everything worked perfectly and nothing leaked...However when you moved the bedside table away from the wall all the electrical wires were exposed, how bizarre....NOT.....same...same....

This is the place for Tailors and lanterns and yes we bought both, Brad had more clothes made than me, which by the way just to point out that he has bought more clothes than me. We also bought some beautiful lanterns 6 in total as well as many other things.

We meet up with some Aussies that Jacqui and Steve had meet from Mackay who have visited Vietnam numerous times so they gave us all the tricks and tips. Oh yes forgot to mention she told us where to get Jewelry made at extremely great prices. So after the 6 off us have put in an order to pick up the next day we probably will keep them in food for a year, then we went back the next day and ordered more.

The other girls had shoes made also which didn't fit at first and then had to go back at 9.00pm to pick them up.....

Everyone here works from 7.00am till 10.00pm, 7 days a week and only have new years off for 4 days.










Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.105s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0502s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb