Finding our feet in Nha Trang


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » South Central Coast » Khanh Hoa » Nha Trang
November 11th 2016
Published: November 12th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Palm trees and coconutsPalm trees and coconutsPalm trees and coconuts

It was a really well done spot, relaxing and fun!
Day five was an unexpected one! Finally managed a lie in and then headed down for breakfast, after the problems with the airport shuttle the staff were very eager to please and brought me plates of noodles and cabbage. Not exactly what I would choose as breakfast food but when in Rome..

Alice (my travelling companion) had a few words with the manager about some of the problems with the hotel - nothing serious but not quite what we were expecting. The manager offered us a few things to make up for it, such as free ride to the airport, but none fitted in with our plans until he suggested a trip to the I-resort mud bath and spa.

The mud bath felt surprisingly good and it was hard not to just float the whole time I was in there. It was a wonderful spa resort with several mineral pools of varying temperatures as well as salt waterfalls dotted all around. We had fun swimming under and climbing behind the waterfalls, they had done a great job filling the space with so many interesting things to do! After a good bit of sunbathing I grabbed lemongrass chilli tofu for lunch and then headed back to the hotel.

Shopping in markets and exploring a bit further afield it was clear to see that this area is thriving, thronging crowds of tourists (very often Russian, as are a lot of shops) vie with parked scooters for pavement space and every second building is some sort of bar or restaurant. It became clear after an hour or so of walking that a day at a mud spa is, in fact, very tiring, so without further ado we headed back to the hotel.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.1s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.047s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb