Domestic flying and Nha Trang.


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » South Central Coast » Khanh Hoa » Nha Trang
November 10th 2016
Published: November 11th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Nha Trang beach.Nha Trang beach.Nha Trang beach.

No holiday is complete without a beach day!!
The fourth day was a travelling day, up early (again!) and headed to Cat Bi airport. The roads became markedly more orderly as we neared the airport and we were amazed by the scale of some of the huge houses we saw, the decadence in comparison to the other places I'd seen was unbelievable. I'd had my doubts about our ability to navigate a solely Vietnamese speaking airport but it all went very smoothly and I once more found myself being woken up by the plane as it landed.

Unsure as to whether the hotel had received our emails asking for a shuttle bus we waited at a small cafe then eventually organised our own transport - it turns out our emails had gone into their spam folder!

The drive to the hotel was about as dissimilar to our first drive from an airport as Vietnam is to Australia; white sand and blue water on one side, mountains on the other and vague order on the roads around us this time. We passed a large number of fancy resorts on the way in and slowly the high rises began to cluster together as we got closer to Nha Trang
The hotel view.The hotel view.The hotel view.

Nha trang seems to sit between the mountains and the sea - makes for great views from the high rises!
centre.

Once we settled in the hotel, upgraded yet again, we decided take a walk to the beach as it was 36 degrees and very humid. We ended up paddling in the sea and, while the sand was not exactly fluffy and white, it was still a lovely afternoon spent having fun on the beach. A nerve wracking swim in the infinity roof pool topped of the evening nicely.

Walking around the streets in the evening there is a riot of colour and activity, street sellers everywhere and scooters driving along the pavement. Food smells drift out of a multitude of restaurants and bars selling food ranging from traditional Vietnamese to French cuisine to ribs. It is much more commercial in Nha Trang than Hanoi or Halong Bay, I prefer slightly more traditional experiences of culture but the vibrancy of this area makes it difficult not to enjoy.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.096s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.041s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb