One beach to another


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » South Central Coast » Khanh Hoa » Nha Trang
November 25th 2010
Published: November 25th 2010
Edit Blog Post

So its been 7 days since I last updated this....Sorry folks! THe last time I wrote, we were about to head to our first beach experience in Sihanoukville. We arrived after about a 5 hour bus journey and got checked in to a really nice hotel. Our room was right outside the pool and about a 5 minute walk to the local beach. Unfortunately, the weather was really stormy and it rained for several hours, along with thunder and lightening. So we just lay around while it rained!! That evening we went to a beach restaurant and had some barbequed food which was good. Here, Peter discovered his enjoyment in drinking "Buckets" of alcohol!!haha..

On Saturday, our whole tour got a boat to another island. We stopped about half way and jumped into the water and paddled around for a while. The water was nice and warm. We stayed on the island for a while, it was nice but I wasnt blown away by its beauty or anything. Infact, there was alot of rubbish on the sand and in the water. We both got bad burnings on our backs even though we had applied Factor 30 several times. Im blaming it on the antimalarial drugs we are taking! THat night we just hung around the hotel, went for a walk up the street and that was it!

Sunday, we got an early bus to the Vietnam border and it was an awful experience. The journey lasted about 6 hours and for about the last 2 it was an awfully bumpy road. It was like a dirt road, no tar, cement, stones....just clay and holes! Once we got through the border, we had another hour journey to Chau Doc. We arrived at the hotel to be told that there was no electricity during the day. At this stage I had been feeling unwell for several hours so humour was not good! The group had several choices of activities but I was not feeling up to it. Peter went on a motorbike ride up into the hills with the rest to see sunset over all the rice fields. That night, we all went for dinner, everyone had a bad meal apart from Peter!!Lucky him.....

Monday monring, another early bus journey, 7 hours to Ho Chi Minh City.....It was so long and I was still sick. Eventually got there and it was heavy rain. At this stage i hadnt really had any food for a few days so we headed for a KFC to cure me but no joy. We didnt do any exploring of Ho Chi Minh apart from a bike ride as I was not well which is disappointing!

Anyway, took a sleeper train on Tuesday night to Nha Trang. ITHe sleeper train was not too bad and thank God,
I was feeling better. Once we arrived at the hotel we had two choices, to do another boat trip to a beach or a mud bath. The problem was, Peter and I were flying to Hoi An rather than getting the sleeper train because the train is nicknamed the "Cockroach Express" so we booked flights. So we only had one day in Nha trang but an Extra day in Hoi An. We opted for the Mud baths.
It was fab.....a big bath full of hot mud. We lay here for about 20 minutes. Then got out and lay in the sun for it to go slightly hard and then washed it of. We got into another big bath with minerals in it and lay there for a while before getting full body massages. This was followed by a Jacuzzi and while laying around in the sun at the pool....all for around 15 quid! heaven!!

Anyway, we are in the Airport and need to check in....Also there is a cockroach following us!!




Additional photos below
Photos: 35, Displayed: 24


Advertisement



26th November 2010

Nice Blog
Nice Blog! I see that your blog is about travel. I want to share some info with you. Citymedia foundation (http://citymediafoundation.org) has launched www.city.vi , a network of 68,000 city specific video sites, where you can share videos about cities and regions across the world. like for Paris videos you can visit http://Paris.vi . You can also find out about other cities that you are interested in. Hope to see you there. suparnadilip@gmail.com www.city.vi

Tot: 0.099s; Tpl: 0.022s; cc: 8; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0542s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb