Day 11-12


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » South Central Coast » Khanh Hoa » Nha Trang
December 16th 2009
Published: December 16th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Mud Bath!Mud Bath!Mud Bath!

Caitlin was so sure about it, got infor a while. Fred is sulking just out of shot.
Day 11 began with an early morning swim before a wonderful buffet breakfast at the hotel. Then it was onto have a Mud Bath at Thap Ba Hot Spring Centre. Fred is the only boy I know that doesn't like dirt / mud etc as he refused to get into the bath, even though the rest of us sat in the glorious bath for 20 minutes. Fred stood outside the bath and when we splashed mud on him (and especially when Kylie hugged him), he screamed and cried. Go figure.

The whole thing was great yet strange, not as thick or coarse as I expected and you are amazingly bouyant in the water. After 20 minutes of covering ourselves in watery matter, we showered off (comes out of your togs with ease) to jump into the mineral pond, then waterfall, then 40 degree pool (way too hot), then normal temperature mineral pool. Had lunch at the Centre which was great and very filling before departing with glowing, silky smooth skin, our complimentary photo from the mudbath and the photo on a mug to take home.

It was home for a sleep after that and while the kids snoozed Kylie and I had a few drinks on the balcony and watched the world go by. Then it was off to dinner at Lac Canh Restaurant where grilling your own meat is a must along with downing a few of the huge local beers (650ml). Food here was sensational and perhaps a lot of that was due to the atmosphere - smokie, outdoor place with fanstastic aromas, lots of noisy locals chatting away and of course the little grill in the middle of the table. We ordered the beef sirloin, fresh fish fillets, vegetable assortment, rice and springrolls and it was all amazing, came with herbs and ricepaper - which you don't have soft - and with 3 beers for 250,000 dong or around $14. We were full as pigs and got a cyclo home with the intention of putting the kids to bed. Didn't quite work out that way though...decided to check out the view from the rooftop bar and ended up drinking several cocktails while the kids drank milkshakes, ate the complimentary canapes and watched Tom and Jerry (they love it and it's huge here) inside. Kylie went to pay the bill, expecting a rude shock due to my 5 cocktails, her champagnes and God knows how many milkshakes, and they advised it was free for us as due to the room we are staying in!!!! Needless to say we will be heading back to the rooftop bar for a nightcap each remaining night (they might want to rethink giving Kylie an open bar...).

Day 12 began later than normal with everyone sleeping in until 8am if you can believe. Breaky, swim and then Lucy and Kylie went off to the Day Spa for a massage / pedi and manicure. Lucy loved her pampering and has beautifully trimmed and painted fingers and toes now, with 'nail art' on some (whatever that is). Kylie enjoyed her pampering so much she's talking about having something else done tomorrow (lucky it's expensive here - charge in USD at the Spa, but apparently still cheaper than at home). Kylie also used the steam room and Lucy and Kylie jumped in the jacuzzi fora while after their treatments. Lucy was telling me the jacuzzi was called 'fruitty' and had lots of fresh apple floating around in it.

Weather turned windy and raining not long after the girls meet Fred, Caitlin and I at the pool so we had lunch in the room and a rest after that. Kylie is on 'Operational Ruddolf' to get a photo of the kids with Santa, or at least find a Santa (heard her trying to bribe the Concierge to dress up as Santa), however after searching various avenues with the help of the staff at our hotel who have been wonderful, the only 'Santa Service' (where he comes bearing a gift to your hotel room, courtesy of the local post office) doesn't start until 19th and we check out 18th. We have been advised however that once in Hoi An, finding a Santa shouldn't be difficult.

Island hopping tomorrow in a private boat organised by the hotel as we don't want to be ripped off and / or disappointed on our last day here, plus we want to be rockstars ha ha ha. Seriously though, with these noisy, fussy kids it is easier to go it alone plus the flexibility of our own driver is hard to pass up.

So I leave you tonight not knowing where to go for dinner, kids still sleeping (3hrs now) and Kylie harrassing me for a platnum ring she found in the gift shop. Next blog should contain our boat trip complete with snorkling photos, our beautiful and happy kids and Kylie and I soaking up our last full day in Nha Trang.


Additional photos below
Photos: 72, Displayed: 25


Advertisement



Tot: 0.165s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0853s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb