Nha Trang...briefly


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » South Central Coast » Khanh Hoa » Nha Trang
September 27th 2009
Published: October 6th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Our stay in Nha Trang was very brief...it is the kind of place suited to blue skies and sunshine, both of which we did not have! It does seem like a lively town though, quite touristy, but lots of restaurant choices, and some very swanky looking resorts!

Nha Trang did not disappoint in the slightest though, as we found the Thap Ba mud baths and hot springs! It was a brilliant way to relax on a damp afternoon! We took the spa bus from town and on arrival were presented with various spa packages - all of which include the hot springs, a hydrotherapy shower, 3 pools, and a warm waterfall. The options were whether you wanted private or shared, hot or cold mud. Obviously we chose the cheapest - shared cold mud, but as it was off season we had a big bath of cold mud to ourselves!

It was a lot of fun, pouring green gunk like runny mud all over us - and it wasn't very cold thankfully! After a good green soaking, we had a long shower to try and remove the mud before the hydrotherapy spray which was nice and warm. We then soaked
Nha Trang BeachNha Trang BeachNha Trang Beach

I'm sure its lovely in the sunshine!
in the hot springs, and went to the waterfall and the warm and cool pools. All for 100,000 dong, it was a perfect budget way to feel like we'd been in a posh spa all afternoon!

It set us up perfectly for the night bus to Hoi An. Earlier in the day we had bought the bus ticket, before seeing the weather report. It would seem that typhoon Ketsana was heading for Vietnam. Having experienced typhoons in Hong Kong, and needing to push up North anyway, we decided we would just get the bus up there and hide out in our hotel until the weather calmed down, so we took the bus....little did we know how the weather would impact Hoi An.....

J x x


Advertisement



Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0693s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb