Days 14-16: Nha Trang, Vietnam


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » South Central Coast » Khanh Hoa » Nha Trang
February 9th 2007
Published: February 11th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Arriving in Nha Trang was cool, the half hour drive from the airport was a coastal drive around cliffs that finally wove their way down into Nha Trang Bay. The area is spotlessly clean compared to anywhere else we've seen in Vietnam, the streets actually look like they're cleaned daily!

We're staying at the Sunrise Beach Resort and once again, it's sensational! We've really lived it up in Vietnam. Martin cracks me up cos every new hotel we arrive at he announces "wow, this is my favourite hotel" ;-) The view from our 5th floor room and private balcony is sensational! It takes in the awesome pool below which is surrounded by these hugh pillars, beach right across the road and the entire bay out to the little islands dotted around. Wicked! We also have a view of Vinpearl's very-much-hollywood-sign across the bay, the hotel appears to be on its own island and the sign "Vinpearl" is like the huge Hollywood sign, set up on a hill you can see for miles and all lit up at night! Mighty funny! ;-) They've opened their own mini amusement park/water slide park here on the beach too, called "Vinpearl land" but we went past and thought it was closed, when we asked our hotel they said its so new no one really goes there yet.... Seems like Vinpearl has a wee bit too much money ;-)

We've spent our time here lazing by the pool, relaxing on our balcony and dining at various restaurants along the beach. The whole main road is mostly restaurants and its fun just trying different ones, though the beach restaurants aren't on the sand like in places in thailand, but set just beside. There's a really modern cafe called Veranda Restaurant which is, we think, obviously owned internationally as its impeccably clean and awesome decor and stuff.

Tonight we went to the Sailing Club which is a famous place to go here - restaurant and bar. We walked past on the first night, its definitely more expensive than the smaller vietnamese restaurants but looked all too cool to pass up! It was so wicked! One of the coolest restaurants we've ever been to, with groups of tables dotted all over the place, amongst picturesque landscape gardens, palm trees, thatched huts and ultra modern decor! Awesome!..............

I was going to restrict myself to having the soup since my first wisdom tooth has decided that we haven't had enough drama on our trip yet, and decided to start to come through and leave me in considerable pain ...... but the pizza looked (and then tasted) far too devine! ;-)

This is the first hotel since we arrived in Vietnam that has Happy hours! (We were told in Hoi An they only have Happy Hours in the busy season though i thought it should work the other way around....) The first is from 5-7pm and then the Sky bar on the top floor has happy hour from 9-11pm so they leave just enough time to grab dinner in the middle then keep on going! Perfect! ;-)

We were going to go on a trip around the islands/snorkelling etc today (nha trang boasts numerous awesome dive sites too for those interested!) but we woke up and realised we'd suffered our poor bodies enough by burning the same places consecutively and thought we better hide from the sun a bit and give them a rest! Conveniently, one of the most famous spa chains in Vietnam just happens to have a branch in our hotel ................

Well, last night here now, so we better go to (another) happy hour, it's almost compulsary ;-)

Off to Ho Chi Minh tomorrow, will be hard to go to a bustling city after beach/pool lounging for almost 10 days but gotta be done! Browsing the web, it looks a lot more developed than anywhere else so we might just be able to replace our cameras at last too so that would be really good! And that will be the end to our trip of Vietnam, the country where beer is always cheaper than coke!

Til then... us

PS: check out our route map so far! ;-)

Advertisement



Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0277s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb