Hoi An Vietnam


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » South Central Coast » Da Nang
July 15th 2013
Published: July 15th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Spent most of the day travelling, leaving Hue at around eight am we arrived in Hoi An around two pm. The journey was broken with a stop off at a beach and an old army fort. Hoi An is the tailoring centre, you can also get shoes made here, very exciting. Spent the afternoon browsing the shops after lunch in a restaurant near the river which supports various charities in Vietnam. After visiting a few shops I went back to the first one and chose the design and material for a dress. You could get pretty much anything made. The guys got suits and shirts, the ladies mainly dresses.

Second day we went on a bike ride around the lanes of the city and along the river eventually arriving at the beach. This gave an insight to typical Vietnamese life although somehow we managed to lose two of our party en-route?? Thankfully they found another bike tour and just joined in with them. We enjoyed a dip in the sea, you couldn't really swim as the current was very strong and the waves were very big. On arriving back we had a swim in the pool at the hotel, then lunch followed by a walk around the town and back to the tailors for fittings and alterations.

Day three, we went snorkelling at the Cham islands it took about forty five minutes to get to the first snorkelling site. It was a bit disappointing after other places I had snorkelled but there was plenty of coral. Second sight was better a lot more fish and coral, also quit a bit of rubbish and sea lice kept biting. Finished with lunch on the beach before the trip back. The day was finished off by going back to collect items ordered at the tailors final fittings and alterations etc. these tailors work really hard they start early in the morning and were still delivering items at ten o clock at night.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



16th July 2013

http://www.toursvietnam.com.au/
I want to spend my most of the time on trips, and it is my dream that at least one time I go to vietnam. I heard that it is a awesome country.

Tot: 0.211s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.121s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb