Choo Choo chi chi chuff chuff chaaaaaaaaa


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » South Central Coast » Da Nang
April 13th 2012
Published: April 14th 2012
Edit Blog Post

As we set off on the minibus to get the train from Da Nang to our new destination in Vietnam, Nha Trang, Phat gave us a little low down on the place we would be visiting. The accent thing was great here, as we would apparently be going to see some 'beautiful bitches'! And then on asking if we would have the same 'wailing' on the train he said with a cheeky grin, 'maybe some complimentary music!'

The train was the same Reunification Express we had been on for the overnight trip, so 4 berth cabins again, even though this was a day train. Again we had a lady booked into one of our cabins so Phat began a lengthy bit of negotiation, on Jodie's behalf this time. She took a bit of persuading and insisted on leaving all her strangely packed belongings in our cabin, but relented in the end.

It was to be a really long train ride, about 10 hours! But the time passed ok with lots of interesting scenery to watch as we went further south. We saw loads of paddy fields and people working away in them. As we got further south they were harvesting some of the rice with little 1m square machines used to cut the rice plants. The cut material was then turned to dry, by hand and stacked, and we saw the grains and chaff separated by hand too. The scenery was becaming more mountainous and jungly too, lots of coconut palms and jungly vegetation. Natalie had bought some fruit at the local market in Hoi An and we tucked into lychies, mangostines (looked like garlic cloves inside!) and the largest apple you ever saw!

We made use of the the beds and had a few snoozes, read a bit and listened to music. The time soon passed. We arrived only half an hour late at 9.30pm and headed off to our hotel, only 5 minutes walk from the bitch 😉 She gets around this girl!

As usual we were all handed out our room keys and I loved our latest one. In Nha Thrang I would be staying in Room 101! If you don't hear from me again it's because I've drowned - my personal horror for Room 101! (George Orwell 1984 reference if you didn't know.)


Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement



Tot: 0.19s; Tpl: 0.025s; cc: 7; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0989s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb