Travel to Hue


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » South Central Coast » Da Nang
July 14th 2011
Published: July 14th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Hue was the first capital of Vietnam and is considered a very important nationalist symbol. As a result, it was a strategic target in many wars and was briefly taken over by the North during the '68 Tet Offensive and retaken again by the Americans who ended up bombing the Citadel and destroying major parts of the Forbidden Purple City.

Before the Americans bombed it, the French did their part too when they destroyed other parts of the Citadel while trying to re-takeover "Indochina" following their glorious "cheese eating surrender monkey" ways in WW II. Sorry, for using a recent Americanism. But how soon an ally becomes a non-ally and then an ally again eh.

During WW II, the Americans gave large material support to Ho Chi Minh because he was the only one fighting the Japanese. But, right after WW II guess who was helping the cheese eating surrender monkeys to fight Ho Chi Minh? Yup ... Uncle Sam was fighting Uncle Ho by proxy. When the French finally surrendered after Dien Bien Phu, it was the American's turn to surrender. Albeit, 3 million Vietnamese had to die before the Americans admitted defeat ... urr ... sorry, they called it victory, and went home.

Didn't the Americans do a similar thing in Afghanistan? Zbygniew Brzezinski proudly got Jimmy Carter to set the famous "Afghan Trap" for the Soviets, and guess who's been fighting in Afghanistan longer than the Soviets? They got the Pakistanis to train the rabble Mujaheddin to fight the Russians and guess who they are now accusing of helping the ... oh never mind ... I'm digressing here again. Time to call it victory and head home again it seems.



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 12; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0383s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb