About 4 weeks to go!


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Red River Delta » Hanoi
August 11th 2011
Published: August 11th 2011
Edit Blog Post

We are getting really excited now! Have packed up a fair bit of extraneous junk and put it into a storage box nearby so that Sara and Michael have room to move. Have also been doing the Census 2011 delivery and collection - partly in order to get fitter, and partly because they pay you to get fitter! It has been a lot of fun and 95% of people are both normal and very warm and friendly - at least in Mitcham, Victoria :-)... don't know about elsewhere.

At AMES, we are now also assisting with a class of about 20 Vietnamese people, mainly women, who were unemployed when their factory closed. They speak English poorly even though they came here 18-20 years ago, because they have lived, worked and therefore spoken with other Vietnamese people. So they are required to improve their English skills and also brush up some other skills, like using a computer. It is a lovely class to participate in, and the teacher is cleverly combining other useful knowledge about budgets and keyboard skills, so that they are getting a kind of package deal of learning. We have 3 more weeks of that to go, before we have to really home in on packing and throwing out!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.051s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 41; dbt: 0.0293s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb