Ha Noi


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Red River Delta » Hanoi
October 1st 2009
Published: October 15th 2009
Edit Blog Post

1st October


After a long journey on a very narrow bed on a bus, we arrived in Hanoi and were very pleased with oursleves for shunning the harrassing taxi drivers in favour of the local bus for 3000 Dong especially as the bus wasn't easy to find!

In Hanoi we visited the (odd) Ho Chi Minh museum, the presidential palace and the temple of literature. Sadly I couldn't see Ho Chi Minh's embalmed body becuase it goes away for maintenance every year from September to November...I wanted to make a collection after seeing Mao this summer!

4th October - After Ninh Binh


Having been to Hanoi before, I enjoyed the return trip to Hanoi after Ninh Binh just shopping and strolling and it was wonderful! I met up with Ben again for an ice cream, and in the evening we met up with a girl we had traveled with in Laos and Cambodia for some 3000 Dong beers - bargain!

One thing I am convinced of is that Vietnam must have a high rate of hearing problems - the amount of vans/motorbikes/lorries that beep their horns so loudly in my ear - I don't know how the locals cope with it year after year!
Ear doctors in Vietnam must be busy!

J x x

Advertisement



Tot: 0.416s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 26; qc: 130; dbt: 0.1766s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb