Ninh binh and Cuc Phoung National Park


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Red River Delta » Hai Phong
February 26th 2012
Published: February 26th 2012
Edit Blog Post

thought i'd add a few more pics of Ninh Binh - know as the halong bay on land; it is simply a fantastic place - we visited loads of countryside, saw great paddie fields. Their regional speciality is goat - bit difficult to eat them when you keep seeing little cute baby goats everywhere! Went on a rowing boat with a canadian couple, and was rowed through stunning caves at Trang An - a fantastic place. Passed on the Pagoda 9trust me, there are only so many temples and pagodas you can see). Also went to the great Van Long - love te expereince of Vietnam - the culture, friendly kids, cheap beer (the record so far is 12 pence!). Got here via the sleeper train which was a great way to travel (especially compared to the sleeper bus!).

Next day visited Cuc Phoung National Park - walked through the jungle and there was no other tourists around. Found myself acting as a tour guide for 5 korean people who spoke no english - but wanted me to guide them through the cave as they had no torch..thankfully the batteries didnt run out!

We are being brave bunnies, as the next step in our journey was halong bay, via the infamous public bus (of which, we have been informed we will be the only tourists on there, and don't be surprised if people get on the bus with live chickens, etc..)


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.044s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 22; dbt: 0.0261s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb