Rice and Rain


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Northwest » Lao Cai » Sapa
July 5th 2006
Published: July 6th 2006
Edit Blog Post

The family had been up a long time by the time us 'scruffy western backpackers' awoke. We were all suprised and delighted to be hangover free, and decided that rice wine is actually great stuff. A leisurely pancake breakfast preceded another half days gentle strolling through the beautiful paddies. The weather was quite rainy, but rather than ruining the day it added some nice variety!

The walking was far from hard, and I would recommend that anyone who is physically fit and wants to get some exercise while seeing this area should either go by themselves, or hire their own guide and describe the pace they want. The amount of food I've eaten these last few days has certainly exceeded what I've burnt off - and I was planning on losing a stone this week! Sapa is really beautiful, but very busy. Not as busy as Thailands Chiang Mai (as I am informed), but you dont really feel like your trekking into the wilderness in any way, shape or form! This may be different with the 4/5 day trekking programmes.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

A seller waits for morning trade to startA seller waits for morning trade to start
A seller waits for morning trade to start

With Nick's painting of Sisi in the foreground


Tot: 0.184s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 18; qc: 91; dbt: 0.1125s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb