Cosy Ole Sapa


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Northwest » Lao Cai » Sapa
July 2nd 2008
Published: February 2nd 2013
Edit Blog Post

So on the train Sarah was worse than normal (sarah is ashleys mate and treats him like crap and i have no idea why he puts up with it) and i went to sleep earlier than ashley and sarah cause i couldnt take her anymore. Fortunately when we get to hanoi shes going to thailand so no more time with her, to be honest i enjoyed ashleys company and its a pity sarah came as the package.

Sarah managed to go through all my pringles and my water, i discovered this at 5.40 am when we rolled in to lao chai and was tired and not best pleased, we were crammed onto a bus with other folk coming for the tour and an hour later we were in sapa which is a charming little town in the hills and so im just ignoring Sarahs annoying-ness and enjoying the place.

We got here and couldnt check in till later and so we went out on a guided tour to cat cat village and the souring hills which was lovely and then others got a moto back up the hill, i walked as i couldnt see the point in getting a moto as i was enjoying walking and also appreciating the views and chatting to others in our group and on the way back i managed to meet the aussies and americans from the train journey.

Id recommened coming to sapa as so far its really nice and it beats being stuck in a hetic city like Hanoi, i also found that the local people dress very similar to the indeginous people of peru and boliva.

We had breakie had the hotel and it was good and lunch was three big course and so far it feels like the trip was worth the outlay.

This afternoon is free time and i was running out of clean stuff and i have now stuck my stuff in to wash and its costing 6 dollars.

Tomorrow is a full day and then a night train back, im still surprised that i left in December 2007 and its now July 2008 and im also looking forward to moving in with my girlfriend in Denmark and this has been pushed forward from jan 09 to august 08.

So next day was a trek to various villages and our guide was cool and we had a more difficult trek and we had a meal outside the hotel which was a bit rubbish and then back to hotel. we rushed dinner at the hotel and got lao cai and had to wait till 9.30 for the train.

On the train we met up with paul and dave who me and jackie had met before and id met in hoi an and we played cards and met a cool vietnemese guy called zang and he hung out with us and brought us beer and so a quite night turned in to alate night.


Advertisement