Sapa market


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Northwest » Lao Cai » Sapa
April 22nd 2008
Published: April 22nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Night market in SapaNight market in SapaNight market in Sapa

The old Red Dzao women are sewing and selling their products in front of a house on the street in Sapa.
Sapa market is located right at the center of the city, just a short walk to the old church, which was built by the French in the last century. There are many things that are sold inside the market and at the surrounding area of the market. At night, many ethnic minority people also sell their products on the pavement along the streets in Sapa's center.

The photos in this blog were taken at Sapa market on 19 and 20 April 2008. The products for sale are local specialties, mainly medicinal herbs, weaving and hand embroidery bags, pillow sheets, wooden paintings, dolls wearing traditional dress, local wine, and musical instruments of the ethnic minority people etc. The locals in these photos are the Red Dzao and H'mong ethnic minority people.

Another market of the H'mong people in Lào Cai province:

Bắc Hà Sunday market


Additional photos below
Photos: 42, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

Đồ thổ cẩm Đồ thổ cẩm
Đồ thổ cẩm

Weaving and hand embroidery products for sale.
Sapa marketSapa market
Sapa market

Black H'mong women at the market.
Sapa marketSapa market
Sapa market

A Black H'mong woman and her sleeping child at Sapa market.
Khèn (musical instrument)Khèn (musical instrument)
Khèn (musical instrument)

This pan-pipe is a bamboo musical instrument of some ethnic minority groups in Vietnam.
Sapa marketSapa market
Sapa market

Some Black H'mong women at Sapa market.


Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0375s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb