Everything feels a bit strange


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Northwest » Lao Cai » Sapa
July 8th 2005
Published: July 7th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Halong BayHalong BayHalong Bay

Thes photos will not do it any justice
It feels a bit strange writing this after everything thats going on in London. We have been on the internet alot trying to find out what happened and just hope everyone is ok? We have never felt so far from home. We are in Sapa which is in the mountains near the chinese border. It has to be the first place we have been without digital tv where we could watch bbc world and be kept up to date. Luckily the internet is quite cheap.

The trip to Halong Bay was spectacular. The photos wont do it any justice and its undescribable, absolutely beautiful. We spent one night sleeping on the boat and one on one of the inhabited islands. We did some kayaking for a few hours and went to a secluded beach where we could swim, there were so many jellyfish that i decided it was best not to. Everyone got stung who went into the water.

We are now in Sapa which again is one of the most beautiful places i have been. It reminds me of what i could imagine a french ski resort to be like only without the snow. We did some trekking
RelaxingRelaxingRelaxing

Now this is what its all about!
yesterday which was fun after the rain that decided to pour down, IT was mostly down hill but on clay, so very slippery. Luckily we all managed to stay upright and had an amazing trek through the rice fields. The temp up here is so much cooler and we have to wear long sleeves and use a duvet at night. Our hotel has a fantastic view of fansipan mountain which is the tallest in vietnam and it even has a log fire in the room (which is a bit over the top as its not that cold!!) for only 6 usd i thinkwe did pretty well on the accomodation front.

We are off to Laos on Sunday, slightly concerned that we might miss the flight as we werent able to get a train out of here until Sat night so if there is any delay then it is quite possible that it could happen. Lets hope for the best. Hope everyone is ok.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0475s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb