Hoi An, we miss this city


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » North Central Coast
November 27th 2010
Published: December 16th 2010
Edit Blog Post

"No, I won't do any shopping", Steffi said days before we arrived in Hoi An. But the truth is different!

After we arrived in the morning dawn, we checked in a hotel and went to the old part of Hoi An. It was lovely compared to the other big, and hectic cities we've seen so far in Vietnam. Old colonial houses, not many cars and motorbikes, a few narrow streets being blocked for motorbikes and just accessible for pedestrians. Our breakfast started with delicious chocolate croissants, which can compete to the German croissants....and a real coffee. Full of energy and without the drive to do any shopping, we walked the city. The first shops opened and Steffi got infected and the shopping-marathon started.

The schedule of the next 3 days looked as the following:

- in the morning: first try-ons of the customized dresses, tops, jacket and suits
- at noon: Activities (like biking, drinking, having lunch and relaxing...sometimes a second try-on)
- in the evening: if the tailor did a good job, the final try-on or another try-on

Seems like a tight schedule, however, it was like relaxing like on the beach in Mui Ne.

One day we planned a trip to the world heritage ruins of My Son. It's similar to the the temples of Ankor Wat in Cambodia (which we still plan to see) but way smaller and older. Conclusion of My Son: You don't really have to go there, if you plan on going to Ankor Wat or if you've done it already because there are more or less only stones remaining.

After 2 days our friends Jule&Marc arrived in the evening after a hell of a trip from Da Lat (28 hours with TM Brothers - terrible bus company, you should never get a bus ticket with them). We showed them the city went out to eat and the next day we rent motorbikes to explore the surroundings of Hoi An and Da Nang.

After received all our tailor made clothes, we send them by seamail to Germany (hope they'll arrive in the next 3 months!).

In the afternoon we went to the airport to Da Nang to get our flight to Ha Noi.


Additional photos below
Photos: 61, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.096s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0486s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb