I Saw This Along the Road.


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » North Central Coast » Thua Thien - Huế » Hué
January 13th 2006
Published: January 13th 2006
Edit Blog Post

The beauty of Vietnam is real and in so many ways it is enhanced by the people. In someways, they live as they did one thousand years ago. In other ways they are as high tech as the most modern as people of the so called advanced countries. One thing for sure, the country is changing fast. But, the old ways are still there.
For some reason this blog will not let me edit all the photos. You can see sometimes its a long road ahead.



Additional photos below
Photos: 24, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

Along the RoadAlong the Road
Along the Road

This is the kitchen area of a house several hundred years old. The houses today look much the same. Notice the hammack for resting while the women is cooking.
Along the RoadAlong the Road
Along the Road

The living room. Pretty fancy furniture. This house was a well to do trader.
Along the RoadAlong the Road
Along the Road

In her spare time the wife would do weaving.
Along the RoadAlong the Road
Along the Road

Toilet. The modern ones look very much the same. This is a squat toilet which accourding to medical authorities has many advantages over ours.
Along the RoadAlong the Road
Along the Road

In the corner is the cistern to catch rainwater for cooking and drinking.


14th January 2006

KENT: THANKS FOR THE INFORMATIVE BLOGS. I HAVE READ EVERY ONE AND ENJOYED EACH. LOOK FORWARD TO HAVING YOU AS A ROTARY PROGRAM WHEN YOU RETURN.

Tot: 0.237s; Tpl: 0.025s; cc: 16; qc: 106; dbt: 0.1659s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb