Hue Way


Advertisement
Published: May 20th 2008
Edit Blog Post

" I looked at the countryside as we passed through the valley and I saw it was green again, and life had returned, coffee and vegetables grew over the bones, and the human race marched on toward something hopefully better" Nelson DeMille- "Up Country"


Last night we left the city of Hanoi behind and travelled on the overnight train to Hue prononced way. We woke to the veiws of the DMZ and hopped on a dragon boat to sail the Perfume River. We stopped at the pagoda and temple where the famous monk who burned himself in protest was from. The car he travelled to Saigon in was on display there.
We then went on to Vietnams Valley of the Kings. The last of the Ngyon Dynasty prononced win has the biggest tomb on 10,000 square meteres that was also his second palace. Ta Don tomb has porcelan phonexs and we walked along handmade stones.
After we hopped on motorbikes complete with a driver to putt along the river, visiting villages waving at children and watching the farmers sow rice. We sat on a 300 year old covered bridge and chatted with high school girls, and stopped at a school to visit the children whose jumped up & down waving and shouting hello.
We speed off to the Citadel where the 1968 Tet Offensive took place. There is little to remind us of that battle, this city is pretty , charming and quaint


Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement



Tot: 0.05s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0271s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb