Vietnam part 2


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Mekong River Delta » Kien Giang » Phu Quoc Island
November 12th 2009
Published: November 12th 2009
Edit Blog Post

After 8 months of Shanghai and 4 days of Saigon, Phu Quoc island was just great. 6 days of nothing to do. It took a day or 2 to adjust to the emptiness, the quiet, the nothing happening past 9.30 at night.

It was still the rainy season so we had torrential downpours and thunderstorms with occasional sunny spells. But we didn’t mind the weather. If it rained we read on our veranda, if it was dry we read by the pool. And it made for some great stormy seascapes.

Our days were a variation on the following - getting up for breakfast, reading, walking along the beach, paddling in the sea, finding places to eat, walking into town (once), having massages by the beach and sleeping. Lots of rest and relaxation!

On our way back to Shanghai, we had a few hours to kill in Saigon, so we headed for Ben Thanh market in search of souvenirs. Lots of tightly packed stalls with vendors shouting and grabbing at you. I decided on a nice silk dressing gown rather than a conical hat! Then we had dinner at one of the street food places that set up outside the market in the evening. We'd heard that the street food is the best and it is, the best food we'd eaten all holiday.



Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement



Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0532s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb