Phu Quoc


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Mekong River Delta » Kien Giang » Phu Quoc Island
September 5th 2008
Published: September 7th 2008
Edit Blog Post

The day began with a firendly greeting from the hotel staff and other guests. After finishing breakfast we slapped on the suncream and walked along the beach all the way into town. On the way we passed all of the other resorts and began to realise how lucky we were with the positioning of our hotel. The others looked tatty and quiet, even some of the expensive ones, possibly because it was the low wet season. We on the other hand were very fortunate with our quiet and private beach with beautiful scenery. After about 1.5 hours we reached the town and our destination, an ice cream parlour! Rach had a pinapple stuffed with all sorts of ice cream and a mint cherry??!! Afterwards we headed back to our hotel on the back of 2 motorbike taxis. this was Rachael's first time on morotised 2 wheel transport, very scary, especially as most of the road was a red dirt track! We gopt back to our hotel for lunch, lazed around in the sun and Rach had a massage on the beach. We then bookd our snorkelling tour for the following day and sat down to our seafood dinner, tuna.

That night we wathced a stunning electric storm and read our books in the hammocks before falling asleep.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



8th September 2008

What a wonderful way to walk to town along a beach!

Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0533s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb