Dalat to Nha Trang


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Central Highlands » Lam Dong » Da Lat
July 8th 2006
Published: July 10th 2006
Edit Blog Post

After the chaos that is Ho Chi Minh we decided to head to the cooler climes of Dalat. It is an old french colonial resort town that was basically left alone during the war because it is so pretty. Sadly it also rains there alot (read: it rained the whole time we were there). It was cooler than HCMC which was nice for a wee break. We didn't do too much - walked around the lake, took a bike out to Tiger Waterfall, got wet. The town itself was really nice though so it was great just hanging out.

After a couple of days we were ready for the heat again. It was time to head to Nha Trang. Now, we have taken many bus rides on this trip, and most of the time over crazy, mountainous pot-filled roads. However I have never been as scared as I was on this one! We just had to descend one mountain to the flat but that was one too many. Our driver was a maniac. After he tried to take a hairpin corner at full speed (I swear the bus was on two wheels) a German woman who was travelling with her child got up and yelled at the dude - in German. It was quite a sight. She then politely said "Drive safely please!" (read this with a German Headmistress voice and you'll get the idea). He kind of slowed down, but I was very very happy to get to the flat, straight road that took us the rest of the way to Nha Trang.

Gabe can tell you about Nha Trang - I'm tired of writing now.

-Fi


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

SceneScene
Scene

That's our trusty Super Cub 70. 3 speeds! 70cc. What more could you ask for?


11th July 2006

So where is Gabe's bit? Did he lose his stomach on the bus ride?

Tot: 0.188s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 56; dbt: 0.079s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb